The SmartBall® Pipe Wall Assessment (PWA) tool is a free-swimming technology used to identify stress in the pipe wall of pressurized metallic pipelines.
PWA technology builds on and has been incorporated into Pure’s SmartBall inline leak detection platform. The SmartBall platform has been widely used by utilities around the world to identify leaks and gas pockets. The technology has been improved to detect wall stress — areas of the pipe wall with damage will be under more stress than areas with limited or no damage.
SmartBall PWA Capabilities
- Identify each pipe joint and most appurtenances, valves etc.
- Identify material changes, repairs
- Identify damaged pipes
- Estimate the damage levels of those pipes indicate the position along each pipe where damage is located
- Estimate when damage is at the crown of the pipe
- Precisely indicate the position of each damaged pipe relative to known points